Podcast hosted by Neil Amato on the Journal of Accountancy website
Any conversation, in the words of speaker and author Todd Cohen, is a selling moment. A networking conversation, therefore, presents people an opportunity to sell themselves and their skills. But how exactly does one go about networking with a room full of people, many of whom are strangers? Cohen, a regular speaker at the AICPA’s CFO Conference, explains why we should network regularly, as opposed to networking only when we need to.
What you’ll learn in this podcast:
- How to prepare for a networking event.
- Why you should apply the “rule of two” when joining a networking conversation.
- How much time to spend in conversation with a person you’ve just met.
- How to end a networking conversation.
- How to use your phone in networking—and how not to.
- When to follow up after a networking event.
Listen to the podcast here.