WHO WE ARE
From 20 members to more than 12,000, we’ve grown quite a bit in our hundred years! For a century now, NCACPA’s primary focus has been providing superior member service. With guidance from the NCACPA Board of Directors, committees, local areas, and established strategic plan, we continue to successfully serve the accounting profession and community.
We’re dedicated to monitoring changes within the profession and ensuring members receive necessary resources and updates.
To fulfill our mission (of enhancing the accounting profession and the community it serves through advocacy, connections, education, and resources), our 30+ committees, task forces, and advisory groups regularly interact with the North Carolina State Board of CPA Examiners, North Carolina General Assembly, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service, and other regulators who shape state and national accounting standards.
OUR STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
Increased Advocacy & Awareness
- Utilizing broad-based information sources, provide timely updates and resources on important issues.
- Focus on and advocate for existing and emerging issues specific to the profession that may impact individuals and/or firms/industries.
- Strengthening the pipeline of the accounting profession and positively contributing to the communities we serve (supports DEI efforts).
- Identify existing and emerging types of professionals and provide meaningful resources to support them in their journey from students throughout their career.
- Discover new means of intentionally engaging with diverse individuals and networks with limited prior exposure to the association.
- Develop personally valued opportunities to engage with other professionals, the community, and other organizations.
- Purposeful consideration and integration of diversity in all programs, activities, and operations of the association and Foundation.
- Providing leadership & connection opportunities for stakeholders (supports DEI efforts).
Embracing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within the membership, leadership, staff, and all business relationships.
- Increase diversity within the profession, including supporting historically marginalized students and professionals.
- Develop programs and services that reinforce the Association’s commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Governance & Operational Effectiveness
- Effective governance and operational effectiveness to support all association initiatives.
- Implement efforts to continually enhance governance.
- Utilize a robust data collection and analysis system to inform and support initiatives and communications programs.
- Identify and implement financial sustainability opportunities.
- Uphold equitable practices and policies (supports DEI efforts).
Highly Valued Professional Development
- Offering learning & development to stakeholders and staff (supports DEI efforts).
- Analyze the marketplace for existing and emerging PD needs and opportunities.
- Meet the current and emerging personal and professional development needs of the accounting community.
- Develop market-leading products and experiences to meet current and emerging needs.
- Identify efficient mechanisms to deliver products and experiences through leading techniques and technology.
NC CPA Oath | Our Board of Directors | Our Bylaws
Financials | Membership Categories | Code of Professional Conduct