You know if you’re a well-seasoned (weathered?) CPA if you can remember…
- IBM punched cards for federal tax deposits
- References to APB opinions
- The Journal of Accountancy in print only
- When needing a coffee warmup, simply waiting for the next computer crash.
- Creating your first spreadsheet with Lotus 1-2-3
- Wondering if any of those CCH updates ever made it to the ringed binders
- Preparing a statement of changes in financial position
- Trying to explain it to a client
- When the receptionist was the only file server
- When working from home was usually an act of desperation
- When only the men’s room was paperless
- Making it through a long appointment without a bathroom break
If you relate to 8 or more, welcome to the dinosaur club. But if you had 4 or more, you’re no spring chicken, either. And if you’re below 4? Don’t get too smug … you may be the one writing this next!