This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- South Dakota to hold a special session so the state can begin to take advantage of their victory in the Wayfair case
- Taxpayer who withdrew IRA funds based on a notice of intent to levy cannot escape 10% additional tax
- IRS clarifies the application of the proposed SALT regulations leading to a bevy of questions
- IRS memorandum concludes seismic fees for offshore drilling must be amortized and cannot be treated as intangible drilling costs
- President issues an Executive Order for DOL and Treasury to consider certain changes to retirement plans
- Tax Court disagrees with the IRS’s view on how §1291(c) gains interact with six year statute
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.