This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- States take various actions regarding forcing out of state sellers to collect tax
- Louisiana looks to adopt its law to fit within Justice Kennedy’s outline of acceptable protections for interstate commerce
- Alabama, though not a member of SSUTA, will begin requiring collection on October 1
- Wisconsin, an SSUTA member but without a de minimis limit, will also want collections on October 1
- New Jersey adopts a law that duplicates South Dakota and adds marketplace provisions
- IRS LB&I Division announces five new compliance campaigns
- IRS agent wonders if a preparer penalty could be assessed directly against an equity holder who did not otherwise violate Section 6694
You can listen to the podcast here, view the video version here, and read the corresponding notes here.
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.