This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- IRS releases a new “postcard” draft for Form 1040 along with 6 schedules
- CPA who advised on ESOP and prepared 5500s was still found to be an independent appraiser on third time to court
- IRS publishes the list of qualified opportunity zones under TCJA’s Section 1400Z-1
- A amendment of a return with fraudulent positions does not reduce the fraud penalty
- Taxpayer discovers IRS had not agreed to waive all penalties when taxpayer agreed to exam changes
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.