This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- IRS releases a new “postcard” draft for Form 1040 along with 6 schedules
- CPA who advised on ESOP and prepared 5500s was still found to be an independent appraiser on third time to court
- IRS publishes the list of qualified opportunity zones under TCJA’s Section 1400Z-1
- A amendment of a return with fraudulent positions does not reduce the fraud penalty
- Taxpayer discovers IRS had not agreed to waive all penalties when taxpayer agreed to exam changes
You can listen to the podcast here, view the video version here, and read the corresponding notes here.
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.