This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- IRS begins to process some returns with retroactively restored provisions for 2017
- IRS reminds taxpayers that a “home equity” debt can still be acquisition debt and deductible on 2018 return
- AICPA sends Treasury a letter outlining areas of §199A guidance that are needed
- Taxpayer ends up failing to do a tax-free division of IRA funds in a divorce
- The IRS fails in its attempt to have a gain on the sale of land taxed as ordinary income
You can listen to the podcast here, view the video version here, and read the corresponding notes here.
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.