This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- IRS begins to process some returns with retroactively restored provisions for 2017
- IRS reminds taxpayers that a “home equity” debt can still be acquisition debt and deductible on 2018 return
- AICPA sends Treasury a letter outlining areas of §199A guidance that are needed
- Taxpayer ends up failing to do a tax-free division of IRA funds in a divorce
- The IRS fails in its attempt to have a gain on the sale of land taxed as ordinary income
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.