This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2016 includes extenders and other items
- IRS updates priority guidance for TCJA items, adding 18 TCJA projects
- Special relief granted to those with pyrrhotite damage, allowing losses to be claimed on 2017 returns
- Qualified plan and IRA 2018 inflation adjusted figures will not have to change due to TCJA
- A journal entry did not create a shareholder debt, leading to a denial of multi-million dollar loss
- Engineer is potentially liable for penalties if positions on cost segregation study are not justified
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.