This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- The Bipartisan Budget Act of 2016 includes extenders and other items
- IRS updates priority guidance for TCJA items, adding 18 TCJA projects
- Special relief granted to those with pyrrhotite damage, allowing losses to be claimed on 2017 returns
- Qualified plan and IRA 2018 inflation adjusted figures will not have to change due to TCJA
- A journal entry did not create a shareholder debt, leading to a denial of multi-million dollar loss
- Engineer is potentially liable for penalties if positions on cost segregation study are not justified
You can listen to the podcast here, view the video version here, and read the corresponding notes here.
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.