This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- IRS to accept e-filed returns beginning January 29
- Employer retirement account being paid to surviving spouse cannot be transferred to beneficiary of surviving spouse at spouse’s death
- Rollover of after-tax funds from 401(k) into traditional IRA creates basis
- Innocent spouse relief granted despite fact that husband should have known about the income
- Additional 6 year statute on unreported income from specified foreign assets does not apply until those assets were subject to information reporting
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.