The North Carolina State Unemployment Insurance Tax System, or NCSUITS, launched on November 13. This new, modernized system to administer North Carolina’s unemployment insurance tax program replaces the decades-old tax mainframe system.
WHAT TO KNOW
NCSUITS offers convenient self-service options and the ability to provide real-time updates. Take advantage of the new system with the tips below.
- Access NCSUITS: Login through the DES website using your existing username and password. Employers who were already registered in the previous legacy system do not have to re-register.
- Account Number: The UI tax account number is called the Employer ID in NCSUITS. It will be automatically converted to a 10-digit Employer ID number with three 0s at the front followed by the first seven digits of your original account number.
- Unemployment Claims: NCSUITS is a tax system and does not change how employers access the state’s unemployment claims system, called SCUBI.
- Legacy system: The legacy system is now unavailable and inaccessible for report filing. All online filing must be done through NCSUITS.
NCSUITS is designed to streamline processes, enhance filing experiences, and achieve timely, efficient service. New features include the ability to:
- Report out-of-state wages;
- Provide multiple contacts and contact types;
- Schedule an ACH debit;
- Submit supplemental and amended reports; and
- Authorize agent services and upload Power of Attorney forms.
Go to des.nc.gov/ncsuits to find instructional videos, FAQs, filing information, guidance documents, error codes, and more. If you encounter any technical difficulties, call the NCSUITS hotline at (919) 296-1569.
If you have questions about this issue or other policy matters, please contact NCACPA Director of Advocacy Robert Broome, CAE.