We recently received word from the N.C. Department of Revenue (NCDoR) that they will upgrade a number of online payment web pages on their website later this month. The Department wants our members to be ready to use the improved payment web pages, which will have a new, more modern and streamlined appearance.
The web pages involved do not require a login and password and primarily deal with individual income and corporate income and franchise payments. There are a number of improvements in this upgrade including:
- The new payment web pages are compatible with most current web browsers.
- The new payment web pages will work on mobile devices like smart phones and tablets.
- Taxpayers will be able to schedule estimated payments up to one year in advance.
This upgrade is the second phase of an electronic services project that began with the agency introducing its new website several years ago. The specific file and pay web pages that will be replaced include:
- D-400V Individual Income Payment
- D-400V Amended Individual Income Payment
- NC-40 Individual Income Estimated Tax
- D-410 Individual Income Application for Extension
- CD-V Franchise Tax and Corporate Income Tax Payment
- CD-V Amended Franchise Tax and Corporate Income Tax Payment Vouchers
- CD-429 Corporate Estimated Income Tax
- CD-419 Application for Extension for Franchise and Corporate Income Tax
NC DOR will publish more information about the upgrade on their agency website, www.ncdor.gov, over the next week or so. The Department hopes these new web pages will be a significant improvement for tax preparers and taxpayers alike.