Young CPA Cabinet Mission
The Cabinet’s mission is to personally engage young CPAs by promoting and aiding their involvement and development in the profession.
Application Deadline: October 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM
About the Young CPA Cabinet
The Cabinet is a self-governing committee, subject to the policies established by the Association’s Board of Directors. This application-based committee is a diverse state-wide group made up of 3 classes of 8 members (40 years and under); working on initiatives and events for young CPAs in North Carolina.
Term of Office: Each member will serve a three-year term beginning May 1. The Cabinet is currently accepting applications for the May 1, 2020–April 30, 2023 term.
- Four full-day meetings a year (approximately 8:30 am–3:30 pm, excluding travel).*
- In some cases, there will be a Cabinet-sponsored networking event the night before a Cabinet meeting. Attendance at these and other social events is expected.
- Meeting locations vary across the state and overnight accommodations are provided by NCACPA for those traveling.
*Attendance at three of the four meetings is mandatory. Missing more than one meeting per year will result in a request to step down from the Cabinet.
Cabinet Operations: The Cabinet creates and adheres to an annual action plan which details activities for the year. The action plan is discussed and agreed upon in the January meeting prior to the beginning of the next fiscal year. All Cabinet activities must relate to the Cabinet mission.
Cabinet Leadership: The Cabinet has a Chair and Vice-Chair, each serving a one-year term.
The Young CPA Cabinet…
Advocates for the profession by building and maintaining relationships with legislators through NCACPA’s Key Person Program.
Promotes the profession through activities and events including involvement with the NC CPA Foundation and CPA Inauguration.
Engages and collaborates with other young CPAs within NCACPA, and other diverse organizations across the state, in an effort to serve both the community and the accounting profession.
Supports diversity and inclusion in the profession by collaborating with young CPAs within NCACPA and other organizations across the state.
Leads within their firms, the profession, and North Carolina’s business community by representing young CPAs on behalf of NCACPA.
Applying to the Young CPA Cabinet
Applications are accepted annually and approximately 30 applications are received for the 8 open positions. As not all applications are accepted each year, we encourage you to get involved in Cabinet activities and reapply again next year. (Applicants who have applied more than once are viewed as extremely interested.) Apply using this application.
NOTE: Each applicant must have support from their employer during their Cabinet term. This is due to the full-day meetings and time commitments required to complete Cabinet action items.
- Complete the online application, including electronic employer support, by the application deadline—October 27, 2019 at 11:59 PM.
- The Young CPA Cabinet Succession Planning Subcommittee will review all applications.
- Both references provided in application will be contacted for feedback.
- Applicants will complete two phone interviews with subcommittee members (each call will last approximately 30 minutes).
- Applicants will be notified by the end of January 2020 of their application status.
If you would like to be kept in the loop about Young CPA events and Cabinet applications, let us know!