NCACPA established the Outstanding Educator Award to recognize a member’s outstanding performance and/or contributions to the field of accounting education. The member selected to receive the award is also eligible for consideration for the AICPA’s award, provided the nominee is an AICPA member. The NC CPA Foundation will award $1000 to the winning educator’s academic department, in the name of the winning educator, as a one-time scholarship to a deserving student or students selected by the department. The winner will also be recognized at NCACPA’s Recognition Dinner.
To be eligible for the Outstanding Educator Award, the nominee must be:
• A member of NCACPA and a full-time, or retired, accounting educator at a North Carolina college or university.
• Currently not serving as an officer or member of NCACPA Board of Directors.
Because nominees’ activities, experiences and contributions may vary widely, no rigid criteria exist for evaluating nominations. Nominators are asked to highlight nominees’ contributions to accounting education including (but not limited to):
• Innovative teaching that informs and inspires students
• Exceptional accomplishment in research and scholarly pursuits
• Contributions to the accounting profession through active involvement in professional organizations
• Developing and sharing exceptional skill and knowledge in the discipline
• Contributions to the community through service in civic and charitable organizations
• Generous commitment of time and energy to student advising and mentoring
The deadline for submitting nominations was February 20, 2019. Stay tuned for 2020 nominations.
Recipients of the awards will be recognized at the association’s recognition dinner.