One of NCACPA’s most active member communities, the Women’s Initiative Group, recently created the Elevating Women Award. This award will recognize a male in the CPA profession who is actively supporting the advancement of women.
To submit a nomination, fill out the form linked below and provide supporting evidence of the nominee’s contributions to the profession and community. Specific criteria should be reviewed before submitting a nomination and documentation should include a letter describing why the nominee should be considered. In addition, a résumé and letter(s) of support are not required, but strongly recommended. Please note: The award recipient must be a member of NCACPA.
Individuals may submit more than one nomination (separate form required for each) and may also nominate themselves.
- This award will recognize a man who is actively supporting the advancement of women in the CPA profession
- Overcomes unconscious bias and promotes diversity and inclusion in their organization
- Demonstrates encouragement of workplace equality through support of females
- Created and/or implemented initiatives in the workplace (e.g. diversity & inclusion efforts, women’s groups, etc.) that help elevate women in the profession
- Goes above and beyond to insure equality within top management of their organization
- Acts or acted as a mentor to a female colleague
Complete and submit the nomination form below including supporting documentation as evidence of accomplishments. This may include letters of recommendation from supervisors, peers, mentees, students, or community organizations; authored articles or other written content; and a résumé or curriculum vitae. Recommendations from females who have been supported and / or female colleagues are highly encouraged.
For more information about the nomination process, membership status, requirements, or award criteria, contact Caroline Farmer, 919-469-1040, ext. 158 or by email at email@example.com.
The deadline for submitting nominations was August 9, 2019. Stay tuned for 2020 nominations.
Recipients of the awards will be recognized at the association’s Professional Women’s Conference on November 4, 2019.