From 20 members to more than 12,000, we’ve grown quite a bit in our hundred years! For a century now, NCACPA’s primary focus has been providing superior member service. With guidance from the NCACPA Board of Directors, committees, local areas, and established strategic plan, we continue to successfully serve the accounting profession and community.
We’re dedicated to monitoring changes within the profession and ensuring members receive necessary resources and updates.
To fulfill our mission (of enhancing the accounting profession and the community it serves through advocacy, connections, education, and resources), our 30+ committees, task forces, and advisory groups regularly interact with the North Carolina State Board of CPA Examiners, North Carolina General Assembly, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, Financial Accounting Standards Board, Internal Revenue Service, and other regulators who shape state and national accounting standards.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) is more than a requirement—it’s a professional resource that allows individuals, no matter their occupation, to prosper as a result of gained knowledge.
CONTINUING EDUCATION FOR CPAS
Between technology shifts and diversifying services within firms, the expectations of CPAs in the profession has expanded. Necessary education for CPAs now consists of more than accounting matters.
For professional growth, and to meet the unique developmental training requests of your company, quality CPE is crucial. Delve into the accounting and finance topics you need—and receive guidance for leadership management, strategic planning, and other professional skills—with our offerings.
LEARNING FOR PROFESSIONALS
The accounting profession is evolving more rapidly than ever before—which means requirements and expectations are as well. Today, non-CPA accounting professionals are expected to broaden their knowledge and skills beyond traditional accounting and finance to include robust data analysis, the ability to perform higher-level functions with the adoption of artificial intelligence and machine learning, and the willingness to lead changes in organizational automation and innovation.
An education and knowledge resource, NCACPA offers continuing education to aid in cultivating these skills. Our programs also allow the opportunity to build and expand relationships within the profession.
OUR STRATEGIC INITIATIVES
Increased Advocacy & Awareness
- Utilizing broad-based information sources, provide timely updates and resources on important issues.
- Focus on and advocate for existing and emerging issues specific to the profession that may impact individuals and/or firms/industries.
- Strengthening the pipeline of the accounting profession and positively contributing to the communities we serve (supports DEI efforts).
- Identify existing and emerging types of professionals and provide meaningful resources to support them in their journey from students throughout their career.
- Discover new means of intentionally engaging with diverse individuals and networks with limited prior exposure to the association.
- Develop personally valued opportunities to engage with other professionals, the community, and other organizations.
- Purposeful consideration and integration of diversity in all programs, activities, and operations of the association and Foundation.
- Providing leadership & connection opportunities for stakeholders (supports DEI efforts).
Embracing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) within the membership, leadership, staff, and all business relationships.
- Increase diversity within the profession, including supporting historically marginalized students and professionals.
- Develop programs and services that reinforce the Association’s commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion.
Governance & Operational Effectiveness
- Effective governance and operational effectiveness to support all association initiatives.
- Implement efforts to continually enhance governance.
- Utilize a robust data collection and analysis system to inform and support initiatives and communications programs.
- Identify and implement financial sustainability opportunities.
- Uphold equitable practices and policies (supports DEI efforts).
Highly Valued Professional Development
- Offering learning & development to stakeholders and staff (supports DEI efforts).
- Analyze the marketplace for existing and emerging PD needs and opportunities.
- Meet the current and emerging personal and professional development needs of the accounting community.
- Develop market-leading products and experiences to meet current and emerging needs.
- Identify efficient mechanisms to deliver products and experiences through leading techniques and technology.