This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- IRS warns tax professionals about FTC’s Safeguards Rule for confidential data
- Clarification of how change in exemption amounts will apply to items tied to exemption amounts
- Lessee is not able to claim conservation deduction for facade easement
- Letter ruling approves program where employer makes plan contribution for employees who pay on their student loans
- Taxpayer allowed extra time for late rollover where she had relied on spouse for tax and financial matters when couple separated while rollover was pending
You can listen to the podcast, view the video version, and read the corresponding notes.
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.