This week’s podcast covers the following developments:
- SEC issues bulletin on handling deferred taxes related to TCJA
- IRS requires use of Secure Access accounts to access e-Services
- IRS issues news release on deducting prepaid real estate taxes
- Safe harbor created for residential casualty losses just as personal casualty losses generally go away
- In other not long to be useful guidance, the IRS holds that a group of films licensed together can qualify as Section 199 property
- No deduction is allowed for tuition discount until student meets attendance requirement
- IRS announces will continue to use same format W-4s for TCJA withholding
- CPAR opt-out final regulations are issued
- IRS extends date for providing Forms 1095-B and C for 2017
You can listen to the podcast here, view the video version here, and read the corresponding notes here.
To stay current on federal tax updates, visit our podcasts page, where we upload a new episode each week.