As an update on NCACPA’s collaboration with the DOR, members of our Tax Modernization Task Force and CEO Sharon Bryson participated in a meeting with the DOR focused on HB1030 on September 7. The meeting was quite productive and served as an opportunity for the DOR to receive feedback on RMI from representatives of multiple professions.
In addition to NCACPA and the NC State Board of CPA Examiners, there was participation by:
- NC Bar Association Tax Section
- NC Retail Merchants Association
- NC Automobile Dealers Association and the Carolinas Independent Automobile Dealers Association
- NC Homebuilders Association
- Manufactured Home Association
- Real Estate Commission
- Refrigeration Examiners
- NC Chamber of Commerce
- NC Professional Heating, Air Conditioning, and Cooling Association
- NC Wholesalers Association
- NC Septic Tank Association
- NC Independent Colleges and Universities
- League of Municipalities and Association of County Commissioners
- Electrical, general, plumbing, fire sprinkler, and irrigation contractors; engineers; surveyors; home inspectors; landscape architects and contractors; and locksmiths
- Several accounting and law firms
The DOR expects to issue new directives in mid-November, and as soon as NCACPA receives this information, we will share it with members immediately.
Again, the association would like to thank both the Tax Modernization Task Force for their active involvement in these discussions, as well as every member who has provided input. Based on continued conversations with the DOR, NCACPA’s perspectives serve as a valuable and respected resource to the DOR.