At NCACPA, we often say that advocacy is a member benefit North Carolina CPAs won’t receive anywhere else, and it’s true. Recognizing this, the NCACPA Board of Directors named Advocacy & Awareness a top strategy for the Association beginning in 2016. The purpose of this strategy is to advocate for, and inform our members of, existing and emerging issues within the profession that may impact CPAs individually, or their firms and businesses.
As you will discover, while politics is an important facet of advocacy, it is not all-encompassing. We are here to support our members on the issues most impactful to them—be it regulatory or legislative changes; recruitment, retention, and the CPA pipeline; diversity, equity, and inclusion; and more.
As NCACPA advocacy has gained substantially more interest, we will be producing twice-monthly content to educate our members in this area. Our success, after all, depends on your involvement!
In the meantime, get a primer on NCACPA advocacy:
- Advocacy homepage – For a glimpse into the latest news and updates related to advocacy, stop by our Advocacy Efforts homepage! News on this page is also shared on our social media accounts, the Connect Open Forum, and the member-wide CPA Impact
- Advocacy Successes – Catch up on our team’s most impactful advocacy achievements the past few years. More coming soon!
- Current Efforts – Read about the issues currently on NCACPA’s legislative agenda. You will soon see content related to our broader advocacy efforts as well.
- Key Person Program – Do you have an existing relationship with a legislator or are you willing to meet with one of your representatives? This is your opportunity to join the conversation about important state policies affecting you!
- NC CPA PAC – The member-led NC CPA Political Action Committee (PAC) is a critical component of our legislative efforts. Learn more about our PAC.
We look forward to building greater awareness around advocacy and bringing more of you into this very exciting area. Stay tuned for more content in October!