The NC CPA Foundation scholarship timeline will be updated by June 30,2019. Below you will find information on our scholarships.
3 Levels of Available Scholarships
We expect to award scholarships to selected students who qualify at the following levels:
- $1,500 for community college students
- $2,000 for undergraduate students
- $2,500 for graduate students
Learn more about each of the three levels of scholarships. The Foundation awarded more than $100,000 in scholarships in 2018! Prior scholarship recipients have gone on to manage successful accounting firms, enhance the financial operations at businesses across the state, explore entrepreneurial ventures, and influence future graduates with a career in academia.
If you are applying for a scholarship, you’ll be asked to provide information demonstrating that you possess specific traits or have the potential to develop them as part of the criteria used in the selection/award process. The Foundation also awards some of its scholarships based on financial need and diversity.
Check back in June 2019 for the scholarship application timeline.
Why Be A CPA?
Those three little letters could be behind your name securing an awesome job and a fabulous life.
You’ll be in high demand
Every company needs a CPA & accounting jobs are growing faster than almost any other profession.
CPAs make bank
It’s only fitting for a job that deals with dollar signs every day!
You can choose your own adventure
As a CPA, you can find a job aligning with your interests. CFO of ESPN? Financial planner to a celebrity? Your options are infinite.
You get to wear a super-hero cape
Maybe not a real one…what we mean is that CPAs have a lot of responsibility & people looking to them for financial advice.
Admit it. You’re impressed. So how do you get to be this awesome?
- Become a member of NCACPA. Not mandatory, but you can’t beat FREE. NCACPA is made up of over 13,000 members or dare we say, potential employers for you. Join now!
- Graduate with 150 semester hours of college-level coursework, including a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting.
- Get an internship. A lot of firms or companies end up hiring you!
- Get a job. You are definitely in the right field to do that because every company in the world needs a CPA, seriously. Talk about job security! Visit our career center.
- Pass the CPA Exam. Don’t stop reading! It sounds bad but with some studying, you’ll show that exam who’s boss!
- Take the North Carolina Accountancy Law Course. It’s only 8 hours of your life … you’ve spent WAY more time in other classes.
- Complete work experience requirements. This is when you’ll be glad you landed that stellar internship/job.
- Apply for certification with the NC State Board of CPA Examiners. You’ll have to include three certificates of good moral character … and Grandma doesn’t count … so be nice!
- Maintain 40 hours of continuing education (CPE) annually. Again, sounds like a drag, but there are some pretty fun continuing education opportunities out there. Not to plug ourselves again, but NCACPA offers some pretty slamming topics to keep you at the top of your field.