Not sure what to do with the rest of your life? Or maybe you have decided on the best job in the world—BEING A CPA—and need some help along the way. We can show you how it’s done.
You’ll be in high demand
Every company needs a CPA. In fact, jobs in the accounting profession are growing faster than almost any other profession.
CPAs make bank
It’s only fitting for a job that deals with dollar signs every day!
You can choose your own adventure
As a CPA, you can find a job that fits your unique interests. CFO of ESPN? Personal financial planner to a celebrity? Being a CPA can get you a lot of places.
You get to wear a super-hero cape
Well, not a real one, unless you own one already. What we mean is that as a CPA, you have a lot of responsibility and people looking to you for sound financial advice.
Admit it. You’re impressed. So how do you get to be this awesome?
- Become a member of the North Carolina Association of CPAs. Not mandatory, but you can’t really beat FREE. We are NCACPA, or the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants. Say that three times fast! NCACPA is made up of over 14,000 members or dare we say, potential employers for you.
- Graduate with 150 semester hours of college-level coursework, including a bachelor’s degree with a concentration in accounting. Just a little bit of extra work to get there!
- Get an internship. A lot of firms or companies end up hiring you—that’s good stuff!
- Get a job. You are definitely in the right field to do just that because every company in the world needs a CPA, seriously. Talk about job security!
- Pass the CPA Exam. No, don’t stop reading! It sounds bad but with some studying, you’ll show that exam who’s boss!
- Take the North Carolina Accountancy Law Course. It’s only 8 hours of your life … you’ve spent WAY more time in other classes.
- Complete work experience requirements. This is when you’ll be glad you landed that stellar internship/job.
- Apply for certification with the NC State Board of CPA Examiners. You’ll have to include three certificates of good moral character … and Grandma doesn’t count … so be nice!
- Maintain 40 hours of continuing education annually. Again, sounds like a drag, but there are some pretty fun continuing education opportunities out there. We hate to plug ourselves again, but NCACPA offers some pretty slamming topics to keep you at the top of your field.
So again … membership isn’t mandatory, but having us on your side can get you where you’re going in style with these student member benefits:
Want some more inspiration? Here are just a few directions you can go once you have those three letters trailing your name! Check out the different accounting careers you can choose from!