Membership with the North Carolina Association of CPAs (NCACPA) goes beyond discounted CPE. It’s the link to your professional community.
Note: NCACPA student membership is free! JOIN NOW.
CPA Membership | JOIN
<5 Years: First-Year Rate: $90 | Standard Rate: $170
5–1O Years: First Year Rate: $90 | Standard Rate: $190
>10 Years: First-Year Rate: $90 | Standard Rate: $220
A person who holds a valid unrevoked certificate as a CPA issued by a board of accountancy in North Carolina, in another state, a territory of the US, or the District of Columbia.
Associate Membership | JOIN
First-Year Rate: $65 | Standard Rate: $105
A person employed (or self employed) in the field of accounting and is not an active certificate holder, who meets one of the following criteria:
- Has applied for and been accepted to take the Uniform CPA Examination, or passed the Uniform CPA Examination but whose certificate is being withheld pending completion of the experience requirements.
- Is a professional staff person employed in an accounting capacity.
- Is an individual teaching accounting in an accredited NC college, university, or community college.
- A former CPA but has opted to let their certificate go inactive with the board of Accountancy in North Carolina, in another state, a territory of the US, or the District of Columbia.
- A firm or office administrator who is not an active CPA.
Non-Resident CPA Membership | JOIN
First-Year Rate: $85 | Standard Rate: 85
A person who holds a North Carolina certificate but resides outside the state.
Retired Membership | JOIN
First-Year Rate: $60 | Standard Rate: $60
A person who has changed their certificate status to inactive with the NC State Board of Certified Public Accountant Examiners, reached the Social Security Administration retirement age, and does not hold out to the public as a CPA
Semi-Retired Membership | JOIN
First-Year Rate: $125 | Standard Rate: $125
Available to a person who is an active certificate holder with the NC State Board of CPA Examiners, reached the Social Security Administration full retirement age, and works less than 20 hours per week or 1000 hours per year.
Student Membership | JOIN
First-Year Rate: $0 | Standard Rate: $0
A student member classifies as one of the following:
1) Any person who is currently enrolled in a college or university and is pursuing study in an accounting-related field, including an MBA.
2) Any Associate or Fellow member who returns to school for the purpose of pursing an advanced degree may elect the student member status for dues billing purposes, but shall retain entitlement to all member benefits and services.
3) Student membership shall continue until the person no longer meets the qualifications for student membership or until a college graduate is employed, but no longer than one year from his/her graduation date.
Note: By joining NCACPA as a student member, you will receive the added benefit of automatically becoming a Student Affiliate Member of the American Institute of Public Accountants (AICPA). To learn more about the benefits of a student membership with AICPA. Learn more!